August 29, 2011

...As He Wades Through The Buildings Toward The Center of Town...

Band: Dot [.]
Album: Stay Smoke, Stay Stone EP
Origin: Japan (Tokyo)
Genre: Sludge/Doom, Stoner Metal
Year: 2001

This is a repost in the sense that I originally posted this over at 99 Miles Of Bad Blogs! back when I was a contributor over there, and I've decided that it deserves to be on this blog as well.

Stay Smoke, Stay Stone is the first EP (limited to 332 copies) by Dot, featuring current and former members of Coffins (drummer You and guitarist/vocalist Uchino). They have both left Dot, and although I have nothing against Uchino, I still think it's cool that the guitar duties have been taken over by a tiny lady.
This release contains two long tracks and you can compare them to bands like Electric Wizard, Bongzilla and Weedeater. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy f'kin shite! Awesome dude.